Kimberly's thoughts

The very strong thoughts of a highly opinionated 30-something woman.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Final Heartbreak


I had no choice but to hear you
You stated your case time and again
I thought about it


You treat me like I'm a princess
I'm not used to liking that
You ask how my day was


You've already won me over in spite of me
And don't be alarmed if I fall head over feet
Don't be surprised if I love you for all that you are
I couldn't help it
It's all your fault



How do you get over the final heartbreak...



When you find out that the love of your life has gotten married.
And you know that now, no matter what glimmer of hope you still held in that small part of you heart, there is no chance that you will ever be together again.



There were days when the sun was so cruel
That all the tears turned to dust
And I just knew my eyes were
Drying up forever


I finished crying in the instant that you left
And I can't remember where or when or how
And I banished every memory you and I had ever made



But when you touch me like this
And you hold me like that
I just have to admit
That it's all coming back to me
When I touch you like this
And I hold you like that
It's so hard to believe but
It's all coming back to me


You never forget your songs...and you cry yourself to sleep.


How can you ever hear that song on the radio again. The one that he sent to you, or sang to you, or that played when you were loving each other. How do you ever hear that again without tears streaming to your face. How.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home