Kimberly's thoughts

The very strong thoughts of a highly opinionated 30-something woman.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Insensitivity for Ratings?

Shame on the news. Now, I am not a huge fan of the news anyway because of their always slighted look at reality. For example, despite the fact that millions of Americans were donating money, thousands driving down to help, and countless other situations that were the positive results of good Americans following the devastating Hurrican Katrina, the news chose to focus on the negativity.

Now, they are giving a killer what he wanted, and killed for, notoriety. We are coming up on the 25th anniversary of what is one of the most heinous acts of all time. Yes, I know that "heinous" is a strong word, but the act deserves it. On December 8th, 1980, a deranged man killed one of the most talented musician and artist that ever lived. His words from Imagine mean as much today as when he wrote them some 34+ years ago. Each time I hear the song, I am brought to tears. (Needless to say, I have to turn it off when driving to work.) Yes, almost 25 years ago, John Lennon was murdered outside his own home. The pictures I see so often depicting the scene is that of his eyeglasses on the walk with blood on them.

I won't dignify or glorify the murdered by mentioning his name here. And, I had never realized that he was from Atlanta, so he has been all over the news of late. It turns my stomach! Seeing the look of his face brings almost the same disgust to me as that of a pedophile who touched the lives of my family many years ago. He had said that he did it for notoriety, or to that affect. And, for the last 20 some years, few have mentioned him. So why mark this 25th anniversary of Mr Lennon's death with interviews by this man? Why Atlanta? Why NBC? It angers me enough to want to boycott NBC. I encourage all of you to show that we do not accept this type of "entertainment" and not watch these interviews.

Let's instead take out our John Lennon songs and listen to them, and remember. I always thought that I should have been born 10 years earlier because I am more liberal, and free spirited, and could easily see myself, sans the drugs, as a flower child following John around the nation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home