Kimberly's thoughts

The very strong thoughts of a highly opinionated 30-something woman.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

American Idol - What a JOKE!!!

Ok, so in the great realm of the goings on in the world, American Idol is not a big deal. But, few people got me hooked on this show two seasons back. I have watched it, voted, and for the most part, always agreed with the winners.

UNTIL LAST NIGHT

I am through with the show now. I will not watch it again. And, as indicated by many forums and boards out there, so are a lot of people. Chris Daughtry was supposedly voted off Tuesday night. So, we are led to believe that most of America liked Taylor, Elliott, and Katharine better?? As if!

I am not sure why I am so shocked honestly. From day one, I called Taylor to win, but then I discovered, and fell in love with, Chris. I guess I knew that America wouldn't vote in a rocker as the AI winner but I thought he would at least make it to the top 2.

It is proof positive that most people don't know true talent. I don't know why I am so shocked after all, when the people watching this show seem to be more likely to vote for it than the president. Ok, I know that is a huge slam, and there are a LOT of very intelligent and good people watching, but I need to vent.

All over the rumors are abounding about problems voting for Chris, people getting "thank you for voting for Kat" and such. And I have to say, I too just cannot believe that anyone would put Kat above Chris for sure b/c she was terrible on Tuesday night. In her credit, it would be hard for a woman to sing Elvis, but she just chose the wrong songs.

So, Chris dude, do believe that you are awesome. I am truly awe-struck listening to you and can't wait for your CD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home